Written in response to the Writer’s Digest 2015 October Platform Challenge
Blogging is an excellent way to express ourselves, improve skills, impart knowledge and expertise, or share stories. But, what role do comments, both given and received, play? Are they important?
When I began blogging in 2008, I had no aspirations beyond using my blog as a way to express grief after the sudden loss of my best friend. But, then people began to respond. I made connections, my grief lessened, and my writing evolved. Without their encouragement, I’m not sure I would still be writing.
The Value of Blog Comments:
- They are the lifeblood of any blog – connecting us to others.
- Tell us our words have resonated with someone.
- Sometimes, they express gratitude.
- Other times, they offer us a different opinion to consider.
- An avenue to share resources, give recognition, or validate information.
- Provide ideas for future topics.
View original post 263 more words